Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wild Three Stars of the Week

So I'm a few days behind, but here are my Three Stars for the last week of play by the Wild.

#3 Star
Josh Harding...from when he entered the game to relieve Backstrom against the Redwings, he had some ridiculous number of saves, something like 91 of 93 (I'm off a bit with the numbers, but it was truly ridiculous. Word is he tweeked his groin before the game against the Flames last night, hopefully he will be back in the net tomorrow against the Ducks.

#2 Star
Marian Gaborik...7 points in his last 7 games, named the NHL's #1 star for the 2nd time in 4 weeks. Enough said.

#1 Star
The Wild's 4th line -- James Shepherd, Todd Fedoruk and yes, I'm really typing this Matt Foy. I dogged Foy last week, but I'm taking my words as his motivation to pick up his play ;-). But this line has shown great chemisty, had points in each of the last few games, and I'm guessing for the first time in Fedoruk's career he was a plus 7 after the three games.

No comments: