Thursday, January 10, 2008

When are the Wild going to put Matt Foy on waivers?

So the Wild finally made their roster move to make space for Mikko Koivu, and what do they do, they waive Dominic Moore. While I'll admit I am not the biggest fan of Dominic Moore and he has sat quite a bit this year, when is the Wild every going to waive Matt Foy?

I think a statement from a conversation Wayne and I had with one of our favorite hockey card people, Baron Bedesky, should sum it up: "Foy should be a career minor leaguer."

Really, what skill does he bring? Yes he always tries really hard, but that will only get you so far. The Wild need someone to put the puck in the net or set up the other players for goals, Foy has not shown he is capable of that at the NHL level. (Has Moore either? But his play doesn't bother me as much as Foy's does.)

Foy's stats over the past few years (thank you NHL.com):

Season Team GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW Shots Pct
2005-2006 Wild 19 2 3 5 -4 16 1 0 0 21 9.5
2006-2007 Wild 9 0 0 0 -1 4 0 0 0 6 0.0
2007-2008 Wild 17 2 2 4 -2 22 0 0 1 19 10.5

Not too much action or production. And if he could just skate into the zone without turning over the puck once or twice, that would be helpful too.

I guess I'm left crossing my fingers he is waived when Boogaard is ready to come back.

1 comment:

Dan said...

He must have read this, he's on fire.


Three Stars Sportscards has a full array of Matt Foy rookie cards.