Sunday, January 06, 2008

Hockey anyone?

Those who know me, know I'm a huge hockey fan.

With that in mind, I will be giving my Minnesota Wild Three Stars of the week. Hopefully I can keep this up weekly, we'll see.

# 3 Star -- PM Bouchard -- He has been on fire lately. He has points in 3 of his last 5 games. Leads the team with 28 assists, and was all over the ice against Dallas.

#2 Star -- Brent Burns -- Not only is he my favorite Wild defenseman, but he is having his best year statistically. He has a new high for goals, and has been making a lot of great plays. Again, a great game against Dallas.

#1 Star -- Marian Gaborik -- Now he has been up and down a fair bit this season, but I'm hoping his great showing against Dallas will be what he needs to turn the corner and become a true super star.

But the Wild in general, could you please, please be a little more consistent? Is that too much to ask? That said, they haven't been anywhere near as disappointing as my favorite college hockey team, the Golden Gophers. They haven't really been too golden this year. I guess at least they are better than the football team!

No comments: